Tuesday 7 January 2014

A Birthday Walk

I never post without including photos. But having spent considerable time earlier this evening choosing and organising photos to post, I've given up. I just can't get them onto this post. Which is a shame as some of them actually show blue skies.




I had a birthday just after Christmas. If the weather was nice we thought we would go for a longer walk than usual. The weather was wet and grey. So no walk.




Again, we planned a longer walk on New Year's Day. But the weather was grey and damp. So once again, just the usual walk with the dogs.




Today is Mike's birthday, and at last there was sunshine. So we took ourselves off with the dogs for a walk through the woods. It stayed dry until the last bit of the walk when it had dulled over and started to spit with rain. But before that we had enjoyed some lovely views overlooking the River Mosel. Just a shame I can't show the walk in pictures.


Still, Mike says he enjoyed his birthday.



8 comments:

Kath said...

Happy birthday Mike!
I look forward to seeing your photos next time.

Connie said...

I'm glad you finally had a sunny day so you could get a longer walk in. Happy belated birthday to you and happy birthday to Mike! Sorry you couldn't get the photos to load. I hope you can get that figured out.

Anonymous said...

:-) Pleased you both had a good birthday. Mine is just before Christmas!! Hope your photos work next time. Alison

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Lynn. A bit late. I knew Mick's was around the beginning of Jan I didn't know yours was so close.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BadPenny said...

We will just have to imagine the scenery ! Happy birthdays.

Down by the sea said...

Thank you for your comment and introducing me to your lovely blog. I spent most of my childhood in Germany (further North) and holidays included visiting other parts of the country including along the Mosel. Your lovely pictures remind me of that time.
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes dear Lynne.